Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Kicks Like A Girl


This is a book cover design and illustration I created for a new book by Melissa Westemeier. I just received my (signed!) copy in the mail and I'm excited to read it!

I'll tell you a little secret about the cover illustration: while doing the initial sketches, I couldn't get the phrase "kicks like a mule" out of my head. For some reason this made me think of mule style shoes - you know, the backless kind that make you walk like Peg Bundy because they're so darned hard to keep on your feet. That's how the single mule-clad foot came to be on the cover. The other shoe obviously went flying right off the page.

I'm looking forward to diving into some fun fiction. You can pick up a copy of Kicks Like a Girl on Amazon.

3 comments:

Kimbra Kasch said...

Love this cover! It is cute and strong at the same time :D great job!

Anonymous said...

I like knowing the story behind that shoe flying off her foot.

Kelly Polark said...

Amazing job, Adrienne!!!