Monday, January 16, 2012

Pumpkin Turnovers

I have a recipe posted on They Draw and Cook! I absolutely love this site and I've been meaning to illustrate a recipe for some time. I don't know what I enjoy more about their site - all the amazingly creative artwork or the fantastic variety of recipes.


This is a detail of my illustration - you can view the full recipe here. I sent it in this morning and they posted it this afternoon. That was quick!


And here's what the final result looks like - of course I had to test out my recipe first (I never actually measure anything). My family didn't complain about taste-testing, either.

11 comments:

Suzanne Casamento said...

OMG! Your recipe is soooo beautiful! I want to frame one and hang it in my kitchen. Just fabulous!

Rosy Prose said...

Absolutely love the art work! It just makes me smile.

SARO Arabic said...

Draw and cook, I wish I have the talents :) This is yummy all around.

Adrienne said...

Suzanne - Thanks! I'm tempted by so much of the art (and the food) on that site.

Rosy - Thanks for visiting, and thanks even more for the compliment!

Ocean Girl - Oh, but you are multi-talented yourself :)

Anonymous said...

How perfectly up your alley!

Bish Denham said...

I'll have to get a beak to poke holes in the dough! Love it! So simple and since I'm a big pumpkin fan I'll have to try it out.

cleemckenzie said...

Perfect! I have pumpkin in the freezer just begging to be used. Thank you so much.

Kimbra Kasch said...

These look oh so yummy :)

Ara Burklund said...

Wow! The recipe is gorgeous, and the picture of the actual turnovers looks delicious! Yummy stuff!!!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I love your art, Adrienne. I had no idea you were a cook too. :)

Unknown said...

Love the artwork. Now for some yummy turnovers!